Wednesday, January 7, 2009

djair. eh. mii. troy. air.

That's me. Jeremy Treuer.

I'm pretty passionate about comics. Not so much as objects imprisoned in mylar, awaiting sale, or as intellectual property waiting to be mined for movies and television, but as a unique medium to communicate ideas. I really dig the language of comics, and I've been fortunate to grow up during a time where the scope,definition, and discussion of that language has expanded at an incredible rate.

For me the big signposts were Art Spiegelman's Maus winning the Pulitzer and discovering Scott McCloud's seminal book on comics theory Understanding Comics. Both these worked threw open the doors to the possibilities of the medium, and I've been attempting to catch up, as both a reader and creator ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment